Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Bridal Veil


Recently I was challenged by my own thoughts and internal never ending questions of what kind of bride I am. I know in Bible School we used to always debate when Christ will come; Before the War, During the War, or After it. "The End Times". A big argument we used to hear was that God would never be mid-or post tribulation; "Why would He allow His bride to be beaten up before coming for her?"

And then I think of this past week. There is Haiti. And the Faithful there. Remember the Coptic Christians being slaughtered in Egypt, the lovely in Malaysia, Africa, North Korea; the list goes on. So I don't know what to do with all of that. They are His treasures too. His bride. Are they not in a form of tribulation?

And then I started to think about MY bridal gown and what kind of Bride I am. Christians so quickly beat up each other; we don't even need persecution from the outside to create a beaten up and battered excuse for someone clothed in white.

Maybe we need to start adjusting our bridal veil and discover for ourselves what kind of bride we are. Our veil should be placed in such a way that when we open our eyes, we should see His bride through spiritual eyes. Excited for what she can be. And in doing so adjust our own reality of what we should be so that no matter when He comes; we'll be a Bride that is ready. And until He comes we'll be a Bride that was totally worthy of His wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment